Monday, February 12, 2018

My Snow Day To Do List

February sucks. February always sucks. I cannot remember a time in my life when February did not suck.

Last week, Elliott and Emily went to Florida for a few days, and Lilly and Warren stayed here (along with their two dogs -- one a new puppy who doesn't know the pee/poop rules).

When the E team returned, the kids went home with their parents and the house got really quiet very quickly.  I was so happy to be able to get back to normal....

But THEN -- the next day, another big snow storm came through. Instead of going into town, getting in the pool, and back to normal -- I was snowed in.

I got out a jigsaw puzzle, but I knew if I sat down at the puzzle table, I wouldn't get a thing done...

So,  I decided to MAKE A LIST. Maybe this would be a good thing...the kids are gone, the house is quiet, I might actually get something done...

2018: February 9:  Snow Day To Do List:
  • Make oatmeal for breakfast
  • Check on Lilly (she's got the flu)
  • Put together sheet sets for Lilly, Warren,  E and E and Deena (pictures to follow)
  • Clear off pool table, set up sewing project: Quilt As You Go
  • Walk 1.5 miles on treadmill
  • Finish listening to All The Stars In The Heavens Book
  • Gather up my 6 overdue CD library books
  • Clean Kitchen
  • Make turkey/enchilada soup (recipe coming soon)
  • Research NYC Italian restaurant for Deena's April trip
  • Take out three bags of trash from basement
  • Buy a condo in Florida
  • Pack up THREE bags of clothes/etc for the Goodwill
I enjoy finding quality sheets at thrift stores, and washing them and hanging them out on the line...but, in February, IT'S ALWAYS A CHALLENGE...

2 comments:

  1. Soooooooo......did you actually get the list done....
    Six days until Hamilton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very productive day -- there were only 3 things on the list I didn't get done ...

    ReplyDelete