Friday, March 9, 2018

Lilly's Golden Birthday

Today, Lilly is 9 years old.

Nine on the 9th.

That's her Golden Birthday...and yes, I have something special planned. (it involves a lot of FAUX gold)...

With any luck, you'll see pictures next week.

Speaking of pictures -- for the kids on their birthday. I upload a bunch of photos to Walgreen's,  have them printed, and present them as a gift -- in a box, or an old fashioned photo album...(this year, there is some gold involved)...

It's old school, I know.  But that's okay.  Because I'm old...

Because the bad thing about those wonderful cellphone photos is that after the initial burst of sharing -- 95% of them will be lost forever.

And, after all the effort I put into GRANDMOTHERING -- I want these kids to HAVE A PERMANENT RECORD...

When I looked back at Lilly's year, month by month -- there was definitely a theme.  Although I didn't see it coming, and there was NO WAY I could have predicted it or planned it -- the Broadway show HAMILTON became the temporary center of our lives.

And it changed Lilly in ways that I can only imagine...

I enjoyed basking in the glow...

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Lilly! And on to your double-digits next year! (Rita, you are such a wonderful, supportive grandma - kudos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Kathy. The best thing about this blog is that I get to EDIT my life...so I focus on the parts I get right. I hope the kids remember only those parts, lol...

    ReplyDelete