Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

I've posted this for the last six years. If you are reading my blog on a Sunday, it's probably because your Mother's Day is sucking...Thank God IT'S ONLY ONE DAY..!! ******************
I almost never post on Sunday. But this is special. Because it's Mother's Day. And if you came here to read this blog, I'm thinking you could use a chuckle. So, of course, I turned to PINTEREST...
This picture reminds me of my favorite memories with my own mother..

And I think this poster will be something my boys will associate with me and their childhood...

Today, if things go right, 4-month old Warren will have his first Sunday Dinner at Grandma's house...(I'll let you know how it turns out)

One of my credos...(there are SO MANY -- it's hard to pick!)

I don't usually think in terms of my "mission in life" -- but I think Maya says it well. And it reminds me how much I miss Oprah and the Guiding Light...

If you are reading this blog post -- YOU ARE MY FRIEND. And I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day. And if your day is suckin' -- try to think of one little thing you can do for somebody else. That's what I do if I fall into a funk...and it ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME...


Last week, a very good friend of mine said, "when I read your blog, I've gotta tell you -- your life sounds WONDERFUL." That made me laugh. I have the same issues everybody else has...I'm too fat, my house is a mess, my taxes are due, my back is killing me, I thought I had a heart attack last week, my Uncle Melvin died -- well -- you get the idea. I have some bad, sad days...but I choose not to write about that. So maybe you get a distorted view of my life...but, believe me -- everything I share here in this blog is 100% true. I just decided, somewhere along the way, that my life feels better to me if I focus on the happy little moments...

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude, be grateful for what we have instead of complaining about what we "want".

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete