Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Wawa Stores

If you're doing it right, you will learn many things in this life from many different people. And it was my friend Eileen who taught me the value and benefit of a GOOD CONVENIENCE STORE...!!

It was many years ago. We were traveling...driving a car somewhere in New Jersey or Pennsylvania... when Eileen spotted it. And she started to squeal...!!
IT WAS A WAWA STORE...!!
I had no idea why Eileen was doing her Happy Dance.... A convenience store has never been a "thrilling moment" in my life. Clearly, I was missing something...
But then,my friend Eileen is a very excitable, enthusiastic person (look how thrilled she was when I told her about the Schmetz color coding!)
As it turns out, Eileen grew up in the Philadelphia area, and Wawa started there.  As a matter of fact, they were a big part of her happy childhood, and she grew up loving their fresh food and friendly atmosphere. 

Ever since Eileen first introduced me to her beloved Wawa stores -- I've been a fan!!
So, I had to take this picture on our first night in Easton -- because THIS WAWA STORE SHARES A PARKING LOT with our motel.!! Lucky us, eh??
Another Pennsylvania favorite -- TASTYKAKES!!
They are famous for their extensive coffee collection...hot, always fresh, delicious and reasonably priced. After Mary's evening event, Donna and I went into Wawa to get a sub sandwich. Their bread is a.m.a.z.i.n.g...
I'm telling you -- HOW COULD THIS TRIP GET ANY BETTER??

Well -- unbeknownst to me -- on our second full day in Easton, Pennsylvania -- we stopped at the Wawa store next door -- and were greeted by this sign:

I AM NOT KIDDING...IT WAS WAWA DAY!! 

Who even knew there was such a thing??

I was bizarrely thrilled to get that free cup of coffee...

Honestly -- here's some advice.  Be in Pennsylvania/Maryland on Wawa Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment